Saturday, June 4, 2011

6-4-11

The first Saturday and I have lost my first CE. I could of passed on it but hunny was so excited with what she made. I was really good.
Posted it below.




Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Rated:

Submitted By: LAUJRA
Photo By: dabblingdiva
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Servings: 12


"Blueberries and zucchini baked up into delicious little summertime bread loaves!"
Ingredients:
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups white sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 pint fresh blueberries

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pans.
3. Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2011 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 6/4/2011


It really did top off a great day. 3:15 am alarm went off, sort of rolled out of bed.
Put together snacks and breakfast. On the road by 3:55, two hours and a bit and I am standing on the beach. Off shore winds, sun shining and surf. It was low tide so the waves were ripping along, very fast for someone who has not had much time in the boat lately. I got some good rides well more like running for my life :) I got in two sessions then packed the boat and gear up.
Then I went for a run along the path through the sand dunes, it is concrete not the best thing for my joints as all I took with me were my VFF. I measured the run last night with google earth, It said it was close to being 5k, perfect. Legs and joints were very stiff. I did not warm up any, that did not help. I got going slowly, loosened up by the turn around, the trip back felt very good. I did not time it but it felt short, I know there is no way I was moving faster than normal.
When I got home I timed the songs I listened to on it, 21:17. So the run was more like 2 miles maybe a bit more. I am stoked that I got in a outside run, at the beach in the sun in Washington state, a very rare thing.

Yes, I did my burpees on the beach in my dry suite. Warm ups must be rubbing off on me because I spent 10+ min on the beach stretching. Like I said a really great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment