Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6-14-11

Well, I finally did it, I broke down and went to a real running store for shoes.
Really glad I did, very friendly full of info that I really needed to know. So I ended up with a pair of light weight trail runners, 9 oz each.
Well, then I needed to take them for a run. With the way the treadmill was acting up I decided to try my normal 5k run outside. When I walked it the other day it killed my sinuses, scotch broom was in full bloom. Pretty but killed any chance of breathing through my nose.
So from our driveway to the turn around and back is 3.6 miles. I took the first 1/2 mile for my warm up. From there it is a up hill start on the road till I hit the state land, which changes to a logging road. There is a hill in the middle of the run, well it is up to the middle then down the other side.
I started @ 6 pm. With warm up, the 5k and 28 burpees when I got back home, 47 minutes total. It felt very good, I am ready for a real run. I will pick one soon, as to keep the momentum going.
Hope you had a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to treat yourself well. Keep on running.

    ReplyDelete