Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday 3-21-11

I was gone all weekend, there was a memorial for a surfing friend who was killed by a drunk driver. Ellen was the most up beat, happy and giving person I have met in a long time. Her smile was so infectious, you could not help but be lifted up when you saw her. It is no wonder she was a cancer nurse and as you can imagine nurses are my favorite people on the planet.
On Saturday we held a Hawaiian paddle out in the surf spot below their house. It was my first burial, it was a very beautiful ceremony. It really helped to say good bye.
She would of been glad as everyone were hooting and hallering as they surfed in to the beach.

I know not workout related, but I believe very much health related to grieve and then move on with the job of life. I did paddle for quite a long time on Saturday, around 1 1/2 at first then 2 hours later. This is a big deal as last time I was in the surf I could only last for 10-15 minutes, so better and stronger everyday.

I will update more in a bit as I need to workout today.

No comments:

Post a Comment