Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yesterday

Well yesterday was the first day in a month and a half that I have not had a headache. It really had me worried, brought back memories of last years start to the spring/summer. It has been 7 days of taking allergy meds, so It looks like that has taken care of the problem.

Yesterday, I also got in week 5 day 1 of the C25K. It felt pretty good, legs are getting much better at keeping loose for the entire runs.

Last night, A friend and I went paddling up in Seattle. I got lots of great comments about how I look. Proof is in the pudding, I saw friends last night I have not seen since my first round of chemo, when sitting upright was a chore. I was carrying my 80 lbs kayak overhead to the water, it is easier when taking it off a tall rig. One of them said "it looks like you are gonna throw it", well I got to the waters edge and chucked it as hard as I could. As it hit the water all turned around, a few said "Hey Dave's back". I also felt good enough to try doing rolls, I heve not rolled in well over a year. So it was a big deal to give it a try. I took my time with the rolls and they felt really great.
All in all it was a great day. I hope you are having the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment